Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Scream… You Scream… We All Scream for Ice Cream!

No, these are not real ice cream cones, much to the dismay of some of the little ones who were at the party I took these to. :-) I made these for an end-of-the-summer party we had for one of my research projects. I couldn’t resist posting two pictures of these. These are cupcakes that just so happen to look like soft-serve vanilla ice cream cones. They were really fun to make. I got the recipe from here. The ice cream is meringue that was piped onto a cookie sheet and baked for 1.5 hours at 200 degrees. I sprinkled some sprinkles on some of them before baking – it was so easy – the sprinkles stuck to the meringue and didn’t burn or melt while cooking. I covered a 13 in. x 9 in. pan with foil and poked some holes in the foil. I then placed an ice cream cone in each hole. This helped keep the cones up straight and I think it helped the cake not get too mushy. The ice cream cones are filled with yellow cake and chocolate fudge pudding and were baked at 350 degrees. I then just took a little buttercream icing and used it to attach the meringue to the cone. I was amazed at how much they looked like ice cream cones. Personally, I liked the look more than the taste, but they seemed to go over pretty well at the party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment