Sunday, August 22, 2010

German Chocolate Cupcakes for the PhDCupcaker photographer (a.k.a. Josh)!

Josh loves German Chocolate cake. It is one of his favorites and he often has it on his birthday. I decided I would make this for his birthday this year and then thought – why not try cupcakes. I had seen these in my Martha Stewart Cupcake book, but decided to use the recipe that Josh likes from the Baker’s German Chocolate, but instead of a three-layer cake make cupcakes instead. Making cupcakes also meant that I could make some with coconut and pecans and some without since I am not a big fan of either of these, but Josh really likes the coconut. Since the icing wasn’t very thick without the coconut and pecans I decided to add some mini chocolate chips after the icing cooled. The chocolate chips melted a little, but helped to make the icing a bit more chunky so when I put it on the layers it didn’t just side right off. I think I should have made a few more coconut ones though since Josh liked those!

0 comments:

Post a Comment